Brazil Sao Paulo East Mission

Brazil Sao Paulo East Mission

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Mar 10, 2014 The Lord makes a way and is here for me

3-10-14

I enjoyed reading the letter and hearing about everyone. I'm happy Matt got his mission call!

How was your week? 
My week has been good. This last week wasn't as productive as it could've been with transfer and conference, we had a good amount less time but even so, we brought TEN people to church! That awesome family that we're teaching whose mom is Rosa and 3 of the friends of the kids! They're awesome! And because the friends went to church, now the Other moms are interested! And so we're going to visit with all of them this week and bring ALL of them to church this next week! I'm expecting we'll have at least 12 people at church this next week. Maybe more. We'll need at least 3 cars which is awesome but the car rides are hard to organize but we already have 2 people who are committed to helping us this week. All those that went really liked it and I think everyone pretty much knows that the church is true and so that's awesome, now it's just working out the kinks and helping them all get baptized!

Did transfers happen like you expected?
Yes they did. We're still together but he or I might train next week, in which case we'd get switched up and transferred the next week. We'll see what happens next week.

If you’re still with E Cosme, has the week gone better than the day that you talked about in the street? 
As you could tell from my letter to the president, things have gotten better. No one’s perfect but we have a fairly good relationship.

Who are you teaching? 
Rosa and her family and another family but that's it for  now...we're lacking investigators unfortunately but we'll get a lot more this week I think.

What are you studying?
I'm studying this awesome thing called "the fourth missionary" That Elder Steele gave me at the mission conference. I'm really enjoying and it doesn't just apply to missionaries but to everyone. If I could find it in English I'd get it to you guys but I tried a bit and couldn't find it. Only Portuguese. Elder Steele might know, you can ask Austin. I'm also continuing my reading of the Book of Mormon which is really hard to read because I have so much other things to do. I'm only in 2 Né 20! Since I entered the MTC. I'm also studying the Acts of the Apostles.

What was a bright spot in your week this past week?
Going to church to have a chapel full of members and investigators and people I've helped baptize and am preparing for baptism. That’s happiness right there :) Sadly....Delia and Francisco didn't go to church yesterday..we asked them why later and Delia said that they had a lot of stuff to do, a lot of clean up, they had a cool BBQ after the wedding ceremony

Do they do daylight savings there?  We just had “spring forward”.
They do

Is your church building finished being renovated yet?
Unfortunately no, not yet. Maybe here in 3 or 4 months.

How are your shoes holding up?
They're fine, they're slowly dying but I used that thing that you put in my shoe shining kit today. That thing that like staples more stuff on the shoe...I forget what i's called. But we'll see if they last a year haha I walk a lot. 40 minutes to get to where work every day and then 40 minutes to walk back at night, sometimes 55 if we walk from the house of Rosa.

How are YOU holding up??
I'm great! The Lord makes a way and is here for me.

It was really awesome to be able to hear the words of Elder Costa. I've included my notes that I took and wrote down just now. Sorry for the Portuguese, you can put in the translator! He talked a lot about some awesome methods of missionary work and included the spirit in everything he did. I won't talk a lot about what he said here because it's all in the word document.

Thank you all for all your prayers and love and support, I love all of you.
Elder Horton


No comments:

Post a Comment