Brazil Sao Paulo East Mission

Brazil Sao Paulo East Mission

Monday, June 1, 2015

Water Box

6-1-15
Hey family!

It's weird that there, it's summer break because here, we still have normal school. But I'm sure that's great for dad to rest a bit more and Rie as well.

So excited to hear about your new companion and all about your first week together.  Where is he from?  How long has he been out?  
His name is Elder Zamudio, he is from Uruguay, he's been out about 5 months, this is his 2nd area. He was trained in Pindamonhongaba where I served as well with Elder Rivera and Elder Bolognini! So that's been cool to talk about the branch there and the people and to remember about when I was there. 

Are you working well together?
Yeah, we got along really well and he has a good focus on hard work and teaching and following up with investigators for baptism and what not. He's a fun guy too and kind of a goofball like me. He told me that I'm crazy but that he likes the way that I talk with members and investigators haha, I have a special way of talking that I think makes people feel comfortable

Where did E. Oliveria aka E. Amoras get sent to?  
He went to Cumbica, which is close to Penha where I served

What were the 3 most important things you learned from working with E. Oliveria?  
I learned more about good parenting because really when you train on a mission, it's very similar to a relationship between father and son, not to the same degree but you learn the same principles. I learned some better teaching methods.
I learned a lot about the jewish religion and other organizations that he knew well, better than I did.
Well that's only 2 but I can't think of a 3rd haha

What was the best part about your past week?  
There were many things that were cool, we managed to find a good amount of new investigators that are family of members so a lot of potential to progress towards baptism. And 2 young men went to church sunday asking to be baptized haha so that's always fun :) and Fabiana, the daughter of Sueli that we baptized, got back from her mission so we got to see her like 4 days last week because we're working togetehr with her to baptize Alll her family and not just her parents but her aunts and uncles and grandma, everyone! We're gonna got like a water box and put it in front of their house and fill it up with water and we're gonna start to baptize in front of her house, it'll be easier than taking everyoen to the church

What have you studied recently? 
I continue my daily study of the book of mormon and I'm in Alma 58 and I also continue my study of the old testament which I have found very interesting. With the manual, it's a lot better and easier to understand, it also takes a bit longer but it's worth it.

Are you happy that you get to stay in Sao Mateus??
Yeah, I wanted to end up my mission here. I also thought it'd be awesome because my birthday is like the last week of the transfer so I think there's gonna be like a birthday/going away party/integration night. Some members already mentioned that.

Well that's about it
I love you guys!

Elder Horton

No comments:

Post a Comment