Brazil Sao Paulo East Mission

Brazil Sao Paulo East Mission

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Tough Week

12-30-13

About preparedness, I don't remember if I mentioned this last week or not but when I was reading the 88th section of Doctrine and Covenants, I was thinking (man, this is the real purpose of food storage) and I was also starting to think about a doomsday shelter like we watched on TV sometimes. I think it'd be awesome and it'd get used but I also know it'd be hard to do without lots of resources and the Lord says 
 
57 For they that are wise and have received the truth, and have taken the Holy Spirit for their guide, and have not been deceived—verily I say unto you, they shall not be hewn down and cast into the fire, but shall abide the day.
 58 And the earth shall be given unto them for an inheritance; and they shall multiply and wax strong, and their children shall grow up without sin unto salvation.
 
 59 For the Lord shall be in their midst, and his glory shall be upon them, and he will be their king and their lawgiver.
 
And so we don't have to worry about a doomsday shelter we just have to receive the truth, take the Holy Spirit for our guide, and not be deceived and we don't have to worry. This is really a great promise. Our children will grow up without sin unto salvation. And the Lord will be in our midst.
 
Thank you for sharing that scripture from Doctrine and covenants section 121 with me. It helped
 
President Ferrin thanked me for sharing an excellent letter and that we'll talk more at the specialized training that we'll be having the first day of the New Year. At this training he'll introduce new mission rules and new consequences which I think will help. We'll see. My companion has already started to complain and he only knows one of the new rules. He disrespects the president a lot and is absolutely unwilling to keep the rules that he's breaking. It's pretty annoying but I'm dealing with it and seeking the will of the Lord on the matter and trying to do His will as it pertains to all things because his thoughts really are greater than my thoughts.
 
This week has been okay. We walked a lot, did a lot of contacts, but only had 4 lessons. And no one at church. This is hard too because I just want to have results. Elder Cosme says that it's because of the season of Christmas and new year and everyone’s leaving or resting and he also says its because our chapel is in another city because the chapel where we were meeting is being reformed but I told him that I don't like to have excuses and that really we don't have excuses. He himself said that it doesn't matter the area, what matters is the missionaries but he doesn't seem to understand what that means. He also said that sometimes you have to obey without knowing exactly why. Again, it seems that he doesn't really know what that means. I related that to him and the mission rules and then actually Gave him a reason to keep the rules (have the spirit of the Lord, blessings of the Lord, trust of the ward and the Lord, and baptisms) and he said in response to that, "you do your part and I'll do my part. Just let me do it my way." To that I said "no" Because we have to have unity and we have to have the blessings of the Lord and said that if he doesn't keep the rules maybe he'll go home. To this he said "Fine I'll go home then." Like I said, unwilling to keep the rules. I'm going to relate this and other things to the president when it finally works again (for now it's not working)
 
But yeah, that's the work.
 
The harmonica is cool. I figured out that the harmonica isn't just blowing but sucking or drawing as well to hit another scale of notes. It's pretty cool. I'm already playing hymns with the Harmonica without any music or anything I just play and correct myself when I hit a wrong note. It's pretty cool. Today we came to Suzano to spend P day and I walked into their house and they were listening to their non-church music and I didn't like it so I went and played hymns. It was nice.
 
Sometimes life is hard, but if we just seek the will of the Lord in all things, we can't err.
 
Sorry I'm a bit more tired or deflated this week
Elder Horton
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment