Brazil Sao Paulo East Mission

Brazil Sao Paulo East Mission

Monday, May 11, 2015

5-11-15

Hey mom and family!

It seems like it was just yesterday that we saw each other doesn't it? But seriously, yesterday, I didn't think I'd have so many problems speaking English! At times it was easier and it flowed more smoothly but at times my ward mission leader needed to help me to translate the words to English and when he wasn't there I just stumbled and waited and said incoherent things. It was kinda funny. But it was really good to talk to you mom and everyone else too! James and Liz, Jon and Shelem, Rie and Andrew, and 3 of my 5 nieces and nephews :) I'm excited to get to hold them when I get back!

That was a nice story that you shared about the uncle Don. I wish more people had a greater sense of their responsibility as parents. The world would be 1000 times better.

My week was good. We're walking a lot :(  because we have investigators that will be baptized in many different regions. It's not ideal but if they weren't going to be baptized then I wouldn't go there.

This last week, we helped about 40 or 50 children in a school close by to sing a song in English for mother's day. The song was Because you Loved Me by Celine Dion. Man it was kinda weird to sing that music because that's not exactly manly music but the children did a great job of singing it in English! We went to the mothers day program at the school and it was cool because almost everything was done by people from the church. We were there to help with the English, Sheila was there to direct the children chorus, Gabi and Graciele were there to help with English as well and do propaganda and Sheila even called the relief society president of the stake and another woman to come help give a training about food storage! The only thing that wasn't done by someone from the church was a woman that talked about skin care products haha.

We were talking with a member of the church and we told him that we don't do contacts because we don't even have time because we have to follow up with and teach all of our investigators and we still have many referrals that we need to contact. And he told me that for a good time, there only had fubecas or disobedient missionaries in the area and now that we're here and everyone loves us, we're getting all the blessings in form of referrals :)

I don't have a lot to say because well...we talked yesterday! haha so I'm gonna go ahead and end this letter

love you guys!
The church is true!

Elder Horton



No comments:

Post a Comment