Brazil Sao Paulo East Mission

Brazil Sao Paulo East Mission

Monday, October 13, 2014

First the faith, then the test, and then the testimony

Hey family,

Man...I got caught up in time today, I was doing stuff and the time just went away.

We had 3 investigators at church. Elder Gilliat and Elder Elias left to find more people to come to church and they came back "empty handed" But later, one of the people that they had talked with came back to the church saying that they were interested and wanted to know when the meetings were! They're really cool

We've started to read the Book of Mormon as a mission which is cool because I know that the other Elders are reading the exact same thing that I am and so we can share experiences and what we learned and what not.

Me and my companion are doing a lot better. Recently I've been learning more Spanish with him and so that's been a good reason for us to laugh and to talk together.

The Branch of Pindamonhongaba is growing and maybe by the New Year, it will be a ward!

What have you learned about people or about yourself as you have seen people have something wonderful like the gospel in their grasp, but they let it slip away?
That's one of the saddest things that a missionary has to deal with because we love the people so much and we know how much joy and happiness this message will bring them so it's really saddening when they don't accept the message or the church.

I learned something about prayer this past week. It's something that actually happened to me when I was little but that I didn't recognize the doctrine contained until now. I was praying once when I was like 10 or so and I was curious of God really was hearing my prayer and so I asked "Can you hear me?" And I didn't feel anything and I asked myself, "Is it really true, does he really hear prayers? What do I think?" And I answered myself "Well....I believe he does." It was only after I decided for myself that He really does hear our prayers that I felt something different in me. Something really special, a confirmation by the Holy Ghost. I believe that my first testimony was about prayer and from that, I gained a testimony about many other things by the same principle which is written in Ether 12:6. First is the faith, then the test, and then the testimony.
Gain and strengthen your own testimonies!


Elder Horton

No comments:

Post a Comment