Brazil Sao Paulo East Mission

Brazil Sao Paulo East Mission

Monday, October 27, 2014

"Edler" and "Other Elder"

10-20-14

Family

I looked at the map, Cozumel doesn't even seem like it's half way to me haha

I'm happy you guys are not leaving beneath your privileges on the cruise ship like that one man that President Uchtdorf described that just stayed in his cabin the whole trip eating beans haha that would suck.

I forgot to tell you but that last week, I made cookies! I still have batter that's uncooked that I need to cook up...I didn't cook it all because the first 2 batches I did, got burned on bottom and so I was sad and didn't want to burn all of them but now I know what I did wrong. The first batch, I forgot to put butter on the pan (they don't have nonstick spray here :(  ) And the first and second batch, I set the oven for 250 degrees thinking "well mom's instructions say 375 and 250 is the maximum so that'll have to do I guess" Buttt I forgot that it was celsius! So it was really like 500 degrees farenheit.

There's a little boy that has like 2 years that he calls me "Elder" And the other elders "Other Elder" That's kind of funny and cute isn't it?

Elder Gilliat and Elder Elias had an idea about how to work with the branch and were implementing it yesterday at church and it was funny because one of the brothers said "Wow that Elder Horton sure is smart!" Giving me the credit for the idea and Elder Gilliat was like "Wait, what??" haha

How was your week?
The week was good, there was an emergency transfer! Surprise! I stayed in Pinda and Elder Bolognini (don't pronounce the "g") came here. Elder Rivera went to another area. he was sad to leave and a bit angry in the beginning (Which is actually kind of funny because when he stayed, he was angry that he stayed and when he left, he was angry) He actually cried too when he left. But he's a good elder. We liked our time together and we were good friends in the end. We traded ties and he gave me La Biblia y el Libro de Mormón so that was cool.
Elder Bolognini has more time on the mission than me, only 4 more months until he goes home. He was district leader before the emergency transfer but now he's with me as junior. He's a really good missionary, he teaches very well and he has a lot of knowledge of the scriptures and of other religions. When he works, he works very well, but his problem is that he doesn't always work but the good thing is that he does what I tell him too and so he hasn't not worked with me. He doesn't obey all the rules either but that's why President put him with me in my district so that we could help him. I'm not like forcing him to be obedient, for now, I'm just being cool about it and we have a really good relationship and companionship because of it even though we've only got a week together. Later, I'll try and encourage him to be more obedient and to do some other things but I'll never fight with him because discord is of the Devil 3 Nephi 11:29

We played hide and seek yesterday at night which was pretty fun. We put blankets up in all the windows and it was almost pitch black.

Who are you teaching?
Nicholas, a young man of 17 years who's gone to church like 5 times who had a lot of friendship with Elder Rivera who could be baptized any day, he just needs an answer.
Carlinho, Geralda, and João Vitor they're kind of progressing but have been to church a couple of times
We've been meeting a lot of less active members as well and trying to get them to come back to church and try teach and baptize their unbaptized family members.

How is your district doing?
The district is doing well. We have some good people that have some real potential that we're preparing to be baptized

What do you look forward to each day?
I always love studying and teaching investigators

What do you look forward to each week?
Sunday and church and seeing my investigators at church

Have you had anything different/interesting to eat lately?
Cow stomach! It's not half bad actually, the first plate is kind of good but the second plate is a bit more gross and forced.

How much do you think you walk each day in this area?
Depending on the day, about 90 minutes or so. Sometimes only 60 sometimes up to 120. We're trying to walk less and be in houses more because of the heat...its been in the hundreds here recently.

Have you learned any hymns on your guitar?
I still haven't had the time on the internet to find something to help me learn but I found a cool guy who plays some cool music who teaches how to do it as well but I haven't had time to watch the lesson yet.

Yep well that's about it. I'm happy and my testimony about obedience really has grown a lot in the last days. I really know that obedience to the laws of God isn't just a suggestion or a good idea, but it's really something that will help us and protect us in that moment and in the future. And with every act of obedience, there is a blessing connected to that act of obedience which is gained or lost according to our obedience.

The organization of the church of Jesus Christ really is perfect

Elder Horton

No comments:

Post a Comment