Brazil Sao Paulo East Mission

Brazil Sao Paulo East Mission

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

9-22-14 "Organize yourselves, go hungry, but pay your tithing!"

9-22-14

Hey family,

The ward here is making a missionary plaque for you – what scripture should I tell them to put on it??      Alma 26:22

Where do you get your hair cut?
When there's a sister that cuts here, I cut it with her usually but if not, there are a good amount of hair cutters so I just cut it anywhere.

Have you been sick at all?
No, I thought I was starting to get sick but I didn't so yay!

Is it starting to get warmer?  What would you compare your winter to – Augusta??  Greenville??  Provo??
Yes unfortunately :/ winter compared to...warmer than Augusta winter, and maybe also a good comparison could be a bit colder than a Provo summer. This winter almost didn't exist...man it's had some pretty hot periods even in the middle of winter.

How big is your branch?
It has a weekly attendance of about 85 people. We’re getting ready to turn into a ward! Or to divide into 2 branches.

How was your week?
The week was good, we moved our house and our new house which is super awesome! It has hot water even at the kitchen sink! The shower is like a small dam of water, it has a super nice view. It’s clean.  That was a day and half of effort. Then we had general conference which was cool. 

·         We all have an umbrella. It’s a spiritual umbrella. It's raining. But we decide whether or not we want to use the umbrella to keep dry. The umbrella is things like the scriptures, going to church, prayer, listening to the living prophet.
·         "Organize yourselves, go hungry, but pay your tithing"
·         Sermons without the invite to action is like water that doesn't take away thirst
·         Be insubstituble in the workplace
·         Parents and leaders need to help their children and followers to recognize their responsibilities and do them without doing it for them.

Elder Gilliat, who was in my MTC district and who is in my current district, will be training this transfer! He's pretty excited about that and I'm happy for him.

I'm happy that I have the chance to stay in Pinda and continue to help. I feel like I'm making a difference.

I'm not really sure what else to say...I'll try and send some pictures.

Sooo...it's kind of a short letter but I think I'm gonna close it up. I got like 10 other things I wanna do too so yep The church is true!

Lots o' love

Elder Horton

Me with President and Sister Andrew



 The view from our new apartment!


No comments:

Post a Comment