Brazil Sao Paulo East Mission

Brazil Sao Paulo East Mission

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Caqui

4-13-15

I'm happy that Liz loves James so much :) I hope I find someone who loves me that much.

I'm happy to hear that you guys are finding time to relax and have some "me time". Where are you guys going on the cruise? It's not Brasil is it? Haha

So who did you baptize last week?
I think it's funny that you don't even ask "Did you baptize this week?" You just ask "Who?" And you're right! Because we baptized! Sueli! An eternigator of 9 years! I love baptizing eternigators because it brings a good feeling because you know that you finally helped that person and you feel a bit of pride too because you succeeded when many others did not. I know it wasn't just us and that the Lord helped but still :) If we hadn't gone there every day since we got in this area, she would not be baptized right now. It was a struggle and at the end, she almost quit, gave up but we managed to help her make the final decision to be baptized! At times I felt almost like Alma in Alma 5. Yesterday at church, the president of the relief society bore her testimony that she was grateful that the missionaries incentivized her so much to be baptized because if it wasn't for them, she wouldn't be baptized today.

Sueli's husband was baptized about a month ago too, and they have a daughter that was baptized like 9 years ago that's on her mission now and so I'm sure she'll be super happy to hear that her mom got baptized :) Blessings of the mission!

Are you in a hilly area now?
Yeah, where we work, is pretty hilly. But it's close to home and members so it's nice

Do you ever feel down?  If so, what do you do?
I felt more down in the beginning of my mission. Today, I'm more constant, I'm usually just constantly happy :) I have to be happy because if I'm sad, I don't have success. If I'm sad, the members don't like me and I can't get them excited to work and help us baptize and I can't excite the investigators about the church. A successful missionary is a happy missionary.

What is your favorite “treat”?
Treat being like something sweet? And in Brasil or in the states? In the states....I hardly remember...that peanut butter chocolate cake thing with like peanut butter paste underneath and a chocolatey layer on top :) That was good. In Brasil...I likeeee Açaí with paçoca.  Açaí is more like a fruity soft ice cream and many times you put banana in açaí.

What did you learn at your last zone meeting?
Wow...the last zone meeting we had was when I was the zone leader still. We're going to have a zone meeting this week. 

How often does your zone meet?
About once a month usually

What do you like to think about in quiet moments?
I think about a great number of things but for me to recall right. Usually I think about current investigators, the ward, the mission and what not. Sometimes I think about home but I don't get trunky. Sometimes I talk with Elder Olivera about him and his life and what not, he's pretty interesting and has many secrets haha

A sister missionary returned home this last week to this ward and we ate lunch at her house and so that was fun to talk with her about her mission and what not. She even brought 2 young men to church this last week! 1 was already a member but less active and the other isn't a member for now but we're going to work to baptize him this week or the next :)

Elder Olivera is doing well, every day he's learning more and more, he has a lot of potential to be a good missionary. It's funny because the other 2 elders that we live with always play around with him and mess with him and what not and it's funny, everyone laughs even him so it's not like we're scarring him for life, he laughed so hard yesterday and Saturday that I was worried he was going to hurt himself

THE SEASON OF THE CAQUI HAS ARRIVED!!! It’s a delicious fruit that looks like a tomato but is really sweet and yummy :) I bought 12 fruits this last week and ate all of them. Caqui is more like....wow there's no way to really describe it. It's not as strong as mango but not as week as melon (like watermelon?)

The church is perfect! I see proof of this every day.

Lots of love
Elder Horton


PS - oh and I didn't even tell you guys in my letter, I'm visiting an old area today! Bras Cubas that a left a year ago! I was companions with Cosme and Mikulecky here and stayed here 6 months. I'm back today to see people while I can. There's a couple here that I helped to get married and be baptized, Delia and Francisco and they need to get sealed! Because it's been over a year so today or another visit, I'm gonna visit them :)














































No comments:

Post a Comment