Brazil Sao Paulo East Mission

Brazil Sao Paulo East Mission

Monday, November 3, 2014

Celestial Room

11-3-14

Hey mom

I'm super happy and excited to hear about and see little Ames! He's so cute! I'm happy that everything worked out alright with him. It's weird to think of Jonathan as being dad now but he'll be a good one. I watched the videos that you attached as well and I can tell that he is really happy.

One more week until transfers. We'll see what happens. I have no idea what'll happen. I'm already here 3 transfers, 1 more would be 6 months in this area.

Elder Bolognini and I continue to get along well and we're visiting more investigators with members which has been cool. It's been a lot easier to visit and teach and follow up and sometimes get some nice snacks too :)

I've started reading lately the Old Testament but with the manual for student...for institute? I don't remember but it's really cool. I was reading another manual but it was more like the milk of the gospel and this other one I'm reading is more like the meat of the gospel. It has a lot more teaching and doctrine and knowledge that I've enjoyed reading. For example, before the mission, I always liked the idea of evolution. That man came from a common ancestor of the monkey. But something that I've learned in the last weeks and yesterday when I was reading is that this is impossible and that man did not come this way. I really liked it because it even had mathematical probability of what evolution would require and it was like 10^160 to one that it wouldn't work out. I like math. So yeah, evolution in the sense that man came from smaller beings is a lie. Creation is the truth. There is however changes that sometimes are made between species when the environment changes then the weaker die off. But this isn't evolution, this is just change, adaptation.

How was your week?
We went to the temple this week in Campinas! That was very nice to be able to go to the temple again. It was different this time as well and that was fun to see the change. I also bought a bunch of stuff there, 42 reais of stuff. A bunch of garments and a giant book of Mormon and 3 preach my gospels and 2 triple-combinations. All the books I bought to give to people.

After the session in the temple, we were in the celestial room and everyone was leaving but I stayed. In the end, I was the only one in the room and it was nice to be alone in there. I could really feel close to the presence of Heavenly Father in that room. That was a nice special experience for me

Do you still exercise every morning?
I should, but I've been slacking lately. I need to get back on it.

Where is E Bolognini from?
He's from EspĂ­rito Santo which in English would be Holy Ghost. It's about 7 hours of travel from here by bus. It's just north of Rio de Janeiro

After living in Brazil for more than a year now, what things about America do you appreciate that you maybe didn’t realize were important to you before you went on your mission?
Air conditioning
The ability to use Technology like facebook to share the gospel
CAR
or even just bikes
Mom's good cooking.

Well I think that's about it. I'm happy :) The time is passing really fast. Yesterday was the 1st of October. The day before yesterday was my birthday and it's almost Christmas...but there's still a lot of time left. I'm happy to be a missionary and happy for the opportunity I have to bring happiness to God's children and thus to Him. I'm grateful for you guys (mom and dad) and my brothers and sisters as well for being good examples to me. You guys are awesome.

Love all of you

Elder Horton

No comments:

Post a Comment